Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Terror... My opinions on Virginia Tech

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Inactive Member imported_JLR's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 25th, 2004
    Posts
    147
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Terror... My opinions on Virginia Tech

    First post in forever, but this has to be said, or I'll never sleep tonight.

    You know, I really don't expect many people to read this and really I do not care, this is me saying what I have to say about whats going on. venting, then again alot might see this and not like what they read, i don't care about this either. But I want everyone to take a short break from their "lives" and look around. 33 people are dead, thats just an estimated figure. 29 or so more are hurt, and that again is just an estimated figure. I believe this is one of the most brutal things in the history of my rememberance. Sure, we all remember 911, and that was bad enough for any of us of the concerned mind, and now, this happens. Our home state, and first of all I would send my prayers and condolences to these people. I know peoples pain is probably being felt, and if you guys don't think it's right here on our door steps, here's your wake up call.

    I know people that attend the University of Virginia Tech, and right now im in shambles not knowing if some of them are okay. I know many of you probably have relatives that attended or attend at the current moment. And all of them mean something to us, nobody deserves the fate of such brutality, and that's right. It doesn't just happen in Hollywood people, it's not just something you see in the movies. You have people like this walking the streets every day, everywhere in the world not just America. And the truth is people, it could happen anywhere.

    Think back to Columbine, all of those people that died and how they died. Murdered, and in the worst way. Scared, fearing for there lives, and knowing that there was nothing they could do about it. Its not right and it's not fair, nobody in this world deserves to lose a loved one in this way, or in any way. The better place is waiting on us, and God is great and always will be, but it's still a shame. How can people be so cold and ruthless and not feel anything but pleasure in the terror they create?

    Columbine, people, was two teenagers on the rampage, and they were bent on taking revenge on people who treated them bad. The warning signs were there, tapes, journals, everything. Nobody did anything about it, and believe it or not even after this and Virginia Tech, that's how it is going to continue. Look around you, bullying, harassing, and outcasting. All of these things contribute top violence like this. Even though the fact still remains that people make their own decisions and will bare the consequences, this still isn't right on our part. Some people just do NOT have the ability to be nice to and help others. For what? pride, thinking they are better than you? It seems people around me are constantly making things harder on other people. I don't know if you see it, but I do. I see somone every day who needs a helping hand, so why can't we give it to them? Simple, we are too wrapped up in ourselves to help somebody in need of help.

    People intend on being mean malicious, and trying to cause problems between someone and somebody else. This again is'nt right, and folks it's all about morals and only few of us seem to have them. I don't always do the right thing, I'm not perfect. And there's the choice few of others who try to bully me as well, as with everybody. But I still help them because it's in me, I understand what the real virtue is, and that brings me to the point of this whole novel that I am writing.

    LIFE IS TOO SHORT
    Is that simple enough for you? life is too short to be making others wish they weren't here, and making them dread every day. because they know they don't have any friends, nobody is there for them, nobody gives them a call to make sure they are okay or in need. We all lose sight of this, but that's why we must help people. Do you want to be remebered in the mind of somebody as a jerk? self-centered. No matter what anyone tries to say, I will not be and I'm not this. I ask for people to rise to the occasion and do the only thing that we as human beings can do, and that's help. Extend a hand to somebody and show a little compassion and kindness. Because incase you haven't noticed, look at the world and see how much it's changed and how bad it has gotten. And if you think you are going to get better, you are challenged in a way that i can not comprehend. It can't, because it is not set up like this in many ways. Sorry to rant, but I don't care. My frustrations are only a grain of salt compared to what some may feel who have family there, but they are there. It's a relatively simple concept. The human heart and spirit can be stronger than you think it is, because in this world, It's the ONLY WEAPON WE HAVE.

  2. #2
    Inactive Member 89bluedevil's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 30th, 2005
    Posts
    763
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Terror... My opinions on Virginia Tech

    Very good post. I have been thinking along those lines most of the day today too. I can't imagine the horror some of those people felt in their final minutes. I also hurt for the many friends and relatives who still may not know about the welfare of their child or loved one. Truly a horrible day for many.

  3. #3
    Inactive Member imported_JLR's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 25th, 2004
    Posts
    147
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Terror... My opinions on Virginia Tech

    Thank you, I'm glad somebody is thinking about it as well.

  4. #4
    Inactive Member retiredteach's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 17th, 2002
    Posts
    853
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Terror... My opinions on Virginia Tech

    Good Post, Josh.
    You can never rise above the image that you have of yourself in your own mind."

  5. #5
    Inactive Member ms pemberley's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 22nd, 2007
    Posts
    344
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Terror... My opinions on Virginia Tech

    That was beautiful and probably a bit painful to write. There are a lot who share your thoughts, but could not find the words to say it. Very poignant.
    Looking for my Darcy, but finding only Wickham. Right now, I'd settle for Bingley.

  6. #6
    Inactive Member imported_JLR's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 25th, 2004
    Posts
    147
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Terror... My opinions on Virginia Tech

    Thank you again.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •